- Ayesha Siddiqa Agha is a controversial military analyst who was forced to retire early from government service after only 11 years of service.
Aim and Dates of the Visit
- Ayesha Siddiqa Agha had an emergency visit of Afghanistan from 12 to 18 October 2016.
- Aim was to conduct meetings with RAW (Indian external intelligence agency) and NDS (Afghan intelligence agency) officials under the garb of attending Herat Security Dialogue.
She Traveled without Documents
- She manipulated to board the PIA flight PK-249 from Islamabad without valid travel documents and Afghan visa.
- Very senior level contacts in PIA and Ministry of Interior helped her travel out of the country.
Role of Sartaj Aziz’s Family
Mr Arif Ayub, a retired ambassador, is an old contact of RAW and is son-in-law of Mr Sartaj Aziz Advisor to Prime Minister on Foreign Affairs
- He was very active in managing her travel as his wife Tehmina Arif was also traveling with Ayesha Siddiqa.
- It is interesting to note that Mr Arif is known for having close contacts with Indian intelligence community.
Visit to Indian Consulate Herat
- Ayesha Siddiqa interestingly did not utter a word at the conference in Herat on 15 October 2016 .
- However, after the conference proceedings at 2120 hrs, she was quietly taken to Indian Consulate Herat by security officer of the Consulate Mr Kulveer Singh.
|Kulveer Singh, Security Officer, Indian Consulate Herat|
- For this purpose, she was provided a vehicle of Indian Consulate without number plate (white colour Land Cruiser).
- She spent over 3 hours having meetings with RAW officials including Mr Sandeep Kumar.
|Sundeep Kumar, Consul (Com) & HOC/PPS|
- During this visit to the consulate, she had a telephonic conversation with India’s National Security Advisor Ajit Kumar Doval and requested a direct conversation with Indian PM Narendra Modi.
Meeting with Indian Defence Advisor
- On 16 October 2016, she had a meeting with Indian Defence Advisor Brigadier YP Khanduri for 30 minutes, at Serena Hotel Kabul.
- During the meeting she requested financial support for the launch of her next book against Pakistan Army.
Visit to Indian Embassy
- On 17 October 2016, she along with Ms Tehmina Arif went to Embassy of India, Kabul at Malalai Watt, Shahre Nau Kabul and had three hours meeting with RAW officials.
- Afghan NDS vehicle was used for transportation of both the ladies from hotel to the Indian Embassy.
- Here she had a meeting with Indian Ambassador, had a telephonic conversation with Indian PM Narendra Modi and delivered a message from Pakistani PM Nawaz Sharif.
Return to Pakistan
- On 18 October 2016, she returned to Islamabad.
- After her return she has sent a post visit report to the Prime Minister’s Officer through Tehmina Arif, daughter of Mr Sartaj Aziz.
A Look at Her Past
- She is the author of a book against Pakistan Army titled ‘Military Inc’.
- She has recently attended a conference in London where Pakistan’s security institutions were maligned at international level.
- [Update]: She has frequently been hurling accusations at Pakistan’s independent scholars for being ISI funded: